Crystal Clear Sea
Jump, swim and dive in crystal clear sea water in more than 6 beaches around Povljana.
Famous Pag Cheese
The wonderful taste of the cheese and its widely recognized quality is the result of specific pasture.
The ornithological reserve Veliko blato, is a shelter for a wide variety of marsh birds.
POVLJANA THROUGH HISTORY
About 1 km from the centre of Povljana, near Perilo beach, there is a very important monument of Croatian architecture, St. Nikola church. The church dates back to the 9th century.
Two connecting gable fragments of the altar division that served as covers on two graves were found on the site.
During medieval period there were 18 salt pans in the bay outside the settlement, as mentioned in a historical document dating from 1411.
The name of Povljana comes from the Roman name PAULUS.
St. Martin church was restored in the first half of the 15th century. It is first mentioned in 1335.
In Stara Povljana Bay, there was a settlement by the name of Povljana up until the 17th century.
The present parish church of St. Juraj, first dedicated to St. Nikola the Benedictine was established in the 17th century.
Academician Ivo Petricioli described it in detail in 1963. In the meantime, archaeological research was carried out in the church and the church has been conserved.